I wanted to show you all how versatile CeCe Caldwell paint is! Its
not just for furniture! It can be for anything!!! I asked my friend Treva from IMD (she is an amazing artist)if she would be a guest on my blog and write a little bit about what she likes about it! And she graciously said yes! so here is a little about her and her amazing business...
Imagine Mural Designs has been around for ten wonderful years. I have painted murals at Jewett Elementary, Providence Medical Clinic, Providence ER, Southern Oregon Pediatrics, Kids Clinic, Valley Immediate Care and several other fabulous places. It’s such a privilege to paint in children’s rooms as well! Their little faces light up when their room is turned into a very special space! Several years ago, I had the amazing opportunity to paint a 2 story Jungle Mural at an orphanage in Peru. To this day, that mural holds the deepest part of my heart. It took 50 hours and 20 helpers to get it all done in one week!! All the children were in awe and their smiles were contagious!!!
About ten months ago, I tried painting canvases for family who live overseas. Once I fell in love with the idea…..Canvases become a HUGE part of IMD! Now, not even one year later, I have painted almost 200 canvases! I now have a booth (#A1B) at American Mercantile in Medford!! I sell canvases from there and also on IMD’s facebook page….you can check it out at www.facebook.com/imaginemuraldesigns.
Not long ago, I was introduced to the most amazing paint….CeCe Caldwell paints!!! It is earth-friendly, non-toxic, odorless paint! I can paint inside while my children are around…..or outside….or wherever! My son actually dumped over a whole quart on my hard wood floors…..and after sitting there all night long (I didn’t realize it was knocked over until morning) it cleaned up with water. CeCe Caldwell paints make my life so much easier. I don’t have to sand, prime or be careful. I can seriously slap on the paint, wait for it to dry (it dries FAST) and voila!!!
Here’s a few reasons why I LOVE CeCe Caldwell Paint:
* Like I said….no sanding or priming. Just slap the paint on any surface.
* I LOVE water distressing!! I spray paint my edges (of furniture or canvas) black and paint it a CeCe Caldwell color. Once that dries, I can take a damp cloth and rub off some of the paint. This allows the black to show through without sanding!! It is SO SIMPLE!!! (I have pics to show this technique)
* I LOVE their color choices!! There are darker, classic colors and bright fiesta colors too!! I even like to mix colors and create a NEW ONE!
* I LOVE their wax!! I use the wax (only on furniture NOT on canvas) to seal the paint and give the surface a smooth finish. Super easy to use.
* I LOVE that it goes a LONG way!! The pallet in the photos was painted with ¼ of a sample container!!! A full sample container is only $7.95 and you can paint a lot with it!!!
* I LOVE that I can purchase the paint locally with Pretty in Paint!! Super convenient!!
I was super nervous at first to try this paint on furniture and canvases. I think most people are intimated to try. Really though, you have to GO FOR IT!! It really is easy to use and Mindy is soooo helpful!!! She offers classes at American Mercanitile once a month! You can learn how to paint with CeCe Caldwell paints on furniture or anything!!!
Here is some more of Treva's art:
I hope ya all find time to go see her facebook page! she is so Talented!!!!!
thank you for stopping by Treva!!